aleja Lotników 32/46
ITE performs applied research in the field of semiconductor electronics and physics in order to develop and commercialize innovative micro- and nanotechnologies and their applications in following areas: IR nanophotonics; nano- and micro-technology of wideband semiconductors and transparent electronics; micro- and nano-sensors; silicon photonic devices; heterogeneous microsystems (MEMS) and sensors for multidisciplinary applications including micro- and nano-probes; nano- and micro-materials for printed electronics technology; optoelectronic detectors and radiation sources; HEMT transistors; ionizing radiation detectors; THz radiation detectors.
Institute membership in international networks:
Sinano Institute (Silicon-based nanostructures and nanodevices)
Membership in national networks:
IUSER platform - Smart Equipment and Systems for Distributed Power Engineering
Polish Technological Platform on Photonics
Mazovia Cluster ICT
Organic Electronics Association (OE-A)
Polish Technology Platform of Nanoelectronics and Microsystems.
02-668 Warszawa, Al.Lotników 32/46 Headquarters. AIIIBV, Wide-gap, CAD and Characterization labs.
05-500 Piaseczno, Okulickiego 5E CMOS/MEMS laboratory:
30-701 Kraków, Zabłocie 39 Microelectronic/LTCC laboratory
01-001 Warszawa,Krakowiaków 53 Electrocompatibility/Certification .
Processing equipment for fabrication, analytical instruments for characterization and CAD tools for design of various micro- and nano- electronic semiconductor devices:
- AIIIBV processing line equipped with MBE, RIE, PECVD, photolithography, assembly and testing tools located in 350 m2 clean rooms class 100 and 1000;
- CMOS/ MEMS technology line located in 1200 m2 area with class 10, 100 and 1000 adjusted to process silicon wafers of 4” (100 mm) and 6” (150 mm) diameter. Photolithography equipment enables processing with the critical dimensions up to 0,9 µm;
- Technology line for the fabrication of wide-gap semiconductor devices set in a clean room of over 600 m2 area with class 10, 100, 1000 and 10000 sections;
- Production line for thick film hybrid microcircuits consisting of: screen printers, high temperature multizone furnaces, laser and air-abrasive trimming devices, ultrasonic bonders, fluidization bath, sealing cold welding equipment;
- Low Temperature Cofired Ceramic technology (LTCC) for the fabrication multilayer electronic devices and microfluidic structures;
- CAD tools for design of analog, digital and mixed-signal ASICs as well as design of electronic systems based on modern microcontrollers, programmable logic and other components;
- Laboratory of structural, optical and electrical characterization of materials and devices;
Design, technology development, small scale production and/or characterization of semiconductor devices and electronic systems:
- Technology development and small scale manufacturing of: heterogeneous microsystems, Si-based photonic devices, micro- and nanoprobes, microsystems (MEMS) and sensors for medical and technical diagnostics, silicon based ionizing radiation detectors, terahertz radiation detectors;
- Development and testing of structures and semiconductor devices based on AIII-BV compounds: semiconductor laser, QCL midrange infrared and THz detectors, superlattice infrared detectors;
- Development of wide-gap semiconductor technologies and devices: GaN based HEMT for high power high frequency systems as well as amorphous and transparent conducting oxides for transparent and flexible electronics;
- Modeling, simulation and testing of MEMS structures;
- Optical, electrical and photoelectric characterization of semiconductor structures;
- Mixed signal ASIC’s and electronic systems design;
- Development of new materials for preparation of functional ceramic tapes with programmable properties;
- Assembly and protection of LTCC micromodules;
- Techno-climatic reliability characterization of electronic components and devices;
Raman analysis of chemical composition, stress, doping and temperature of semiconductor devices