Oude Diestersebaan 133
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. Flanders Make does technological research in mechatronics, product development methods and production technologies.
We have establishments in Lommel and Leuven and work together in a structural way with research departments of the 5 Flemish universities.
Our purpose: realizing a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. This way, we want to contribute to new products and processes that help to realize the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Mission: to strengthen the long-term competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry (including SMEs) by performing pre-competitive, industry driven and excellent research.
Flanders Make helps companies to innovate and bring new products and processes to the market.
On regional level Flanders Make is part of a.o. DSP Valley, VLOOT, Flanders Bike Valley.
On international level Flanders Make participates a.o. in: The Mechatronic Alliance, The 4 Motors for Europe, Eureka Smart Platform
Our research infrastructure consists a.o. of:
- Durability and characterization testing - chassis dynamometer for EV-testing and simulation
- EV Battery testing
- Environment and vibration testing in climatized room with sunlight simulation and humidity control
- Hydropulse battery pack tester, with climate chamber
- Complete virtual to physical e-motor testing environment
- Joining techniques for multi-materials lab
- Mobile trailer for VR/AR and collaborative robotics
- Modular drivetrain test cell
- Open off-highway equipment
- Small modular drivetrain
- Rapid prototyping control board
Flanders Make is a project organization. In our research and innovation projects there is a strong collaboration between the industry, Flanders Make and university labs. We help companies to innovate with the development of new, smart, intelligent and connected products and production systems, customized products at series production cost and human centred manufacturing
The fields of technology are:
- sensing, monitoring, control and decision making in dynamic mechatronic systems
- product and flexible assembly co-design and optimization
- specification, architecture and validation of motion products
- specification, architecture and validation of flexible assembly solutions
Flanders Make provides companies with technology related services such as prototyping, design, development and testing of their new products and production systems.
We also help companies with business related services through organizations in our network