Technopole Savoie Technolac
50 Avenue du Lac Léman
73370 Le Bourget-du-Lac
The photovoltaic solar platform’s mission is to contribute to the development of a solar industry in France. And, with more than 200 employees and 100 industrial partners from SMEs to corporations, the platform is one of Europe’s largest PV R&D facilities. The platform’s PV R&D focuses on materials, with particular attention given to developing high-performance, competitively-priced silicon; PV cell technology and yield-enhancement; and solar modules and optimization.
The 15 000 m2 solar energy research facility with a total investment of 100 M€ is operated by a team of 200 researchers and technicians. Of particular interest is the Heterojunction LabFab—a pilot production line capable of manufacturing heterojunction PV cells with yields of over 20%—boasts a theoretical capacity of 30 MW. The platform helps solar-energy SMEs develop their products and services and can even build turnkey PV solar plants.
- Scientific & technological research
- Study / initial design / Simulation
- Proof of concept / Lab testing of basic experimental set-up/ Characterisation
- Component/ breadboard / process development & testing
- Prototyping (integrated system/ sub-system) development & testing
- Pilot line / demonstration line / preseries
- Product validation / certification