Rue François Mitterrand
Institut d'optique d'Aquitaine
ALPhANOV is a private, non-profit organization and is the Technology Center of the French “Route des Lasers” competitiveness cluster. It provides technical resources and expertise required to fulfill R&D challenges and innovative development in photonics, optics and lasers. Located in the Bordeaux area, ALPhANOV employs about 80 highly skilled Researchers, Engineers and Technicians.
ALPhANOV's expertise encompasses five fields of excellence:
- Laser processing and micromachining: From feasibility studies to prototype fabrication and small-scale production. Large pool of lasers providing the capability to meet a wide range of needs for microfabrication on various materials (metals, glass, polymers, crystals, ceramics, etc).
- Laser sources and optical fiber components: Development of innovative fiber laser sources and systems, high-brilliance pump combiners and their applications, fiber processing and interfacing equipment
- Optical systems development and imaging: Design, analysis and tolerancing of combinations and optical systems (ZEMAX©); design and fabrication of optical-mechanical benches; metrology of wave surfaces and measurement of optical performance.
- Spectroscopy and Microscopy: Development and implementation of spectroscopy, microscopy and spectral imaging designs
- Medical applications: Optical and laser solutions for Medical and Life Science: biological imaging, instrumentation, eye laser surgery, laser-based tissue Engineering
The Technology Center offers dedicated facilities and equipment for laser developments, implementation and characterization. It has strong expertise in laser micro-machining developments, optical design and prototyping in vision, microscopy and spectroscopy, and fiber Laser sources and optical fiber components.