Camino de los Descubrimientos s/n
41092 Seville SE
The Association of Investigation and Industrial Cooperation of Andalusia "F. de Paula Rojas" (AICIA) is an association that exclusively pretends public interest without profit aim and whose purpose is to impel, orientate, and develop the industrial investigation, in order to favour the technological advance in Andalusia and to collaborate for a better capacity of the Andalusian industrial engineers.
The purposes of AICIA, as it is established in the fourth article of its statutes, are:
- To realize investigation projects and studies of interest for the industry in general and particularly for its associates.
- To establish cooperation relationships with public or private entities, or with people, for service contribution and the execution of investigation works.
- To participate actively in the protection of the industrial environment, by means of evaluation of the contamination levels and advisory in fabrication processes less polluting and in corrective measures of the installations.
- To give technical and improvement formation courses for postgraduate, and also conferences, and seminars about technological subjects.
- To constitute and discern awards for investigation works, and to grant scholarships for postgraduate and students for realization of technical works.
AICIA has research laboratories in different parts of its research activities, as well as agreements for the joint use of the research laboratories at the Engineering School of the University of Seville.
The list of laboratories and its mains capacities are:
- Aerospace laboratory.
- Wind tunnel.
- Solar energy Lab.
- Structural testing lab.
- High voltage electrical lab.
- Co2 capture Lab
- Chemistry and environment lab
- Thermal engines lab
- Electronic lab-white room
- Power electronics lab
- Aeronautics components test lab
- Calibration and measurement lab
- Materials lab
DESCRIPTION OF AICIA´S SECTORIAL ACTIVITIES
AERONAUTIC MATERIALS, STRUCTURES & MANUFACTURING
NAVIGATION & AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL
ENERGY TRANSPORT AND SUPPLY
WIND AND MARINE
ENERGY SAVING AND EFFICIENCY
HYDROGEN AND FUEL CELLS
MATERIALS & NANOTECHNOLOGY
NUMERIC ANALYSIS OF MATERIALS
CO2 CAPTURE AND SEQUESTRATION
EVALUATION AND CONTROL OF CONTAMINATION
WASTE ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION
PROTECTION AND INSPECTION PROCESSES
GESTIÓN DE LA PRODUCCIÓN
DESIGN, MANAGEMENT & IMPROVEMENT OF PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
GESTIÓN DE PROYECTOS DE INGENIERÍA
INFRAESTRUCTURES AND TELECOMUNICATIONS SERVICES
AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS
CHEMICAL PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
TRANSPORTS E INFRAESTRUCTURES
TRANSPORT AND TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT