VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT), is an impartial non-profit Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) with the mission to support economic competitiveness, societal development and innovation.
To contribute to EU goals for 2020 and beyond, VTT works in synergy with the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy, with regional innovation networks throughout Finland and with numerous European platforms and partnerships.
VTT is organised around three main areas: Knowledge intensive products and services, Smart industry and energy systems, and Solutions for natural resources and environment. However, all VTT activities are characterised by genuine trans-disciplinary and cross-sectoral approaches and the daily project work is planned and implemented within multi-year, coordinated programmes.
VTT's Pilot centres:
- BIORUUKKI (bio, process and forest technology with 9 pilot facilities for the whole value chain of bioeconomy, circular economy and cleantech)
- SMACC (Smart Machines and Manufacturing Competence Centre: Digital Factory, Robotic Village, Digital Systems, Material Insight and Smart Machines)
- MICRONOVA (large semiconductor manufacturing cleanrooms and processing, testing and characterization of micro and nano-electronic devices)
- PRINTOCENT (printed intelligence pilot manufacturing)
More information at:
Facilities to cover all the spectruum of R&D&I
- Scientific & technological - Study / initial design / Simulation
- Proof of concept / Lab testing of basic experimental set-up/ Characterisation
- Component/ breadboard / process development & testing
- Prototyping (integrated system/ sub-system) development & testing
- Pilot line / demonstration line / preseries
- Product validation / certification