- Advanced research infrastructure for industrial biotechnology, synthetic biology and food processing with seamless connection between top science and process demonstration.
- The research facilities are equipped with a comprehensive set of bio-reactors such as high-throughput screening robotic station, over 50 advanced laboratory scale fermenters, and a pilot plant for bioprocessing with up to 1200 litre fermenter and versatile down stream pre- and post processing equipment. On-line rapid automatic sampling and analysis is largely utilised.
- State-of-the-art analytical tools, e.g. for metabolite profiling and metabolic flux analysis.
- In-house databases for comparative genomics.
- VTT Culture Collection with over 6000 microbial strains
- Cell sorting, culturing and imaging facilities (Flow cytometers, imagers, Spinning disk and other microscopes).
- Our food pilots include a malting and brewing pilot, pilot bakery as well as pilot facilities for dry & wet grinding, fractionation, drying and extrusion.
'- Large infrastructure for chemical analysis of various biological samples and bio-based materials including metabolite profiling (various chromatographic separation techniques in combination with mass spectrometers) and metabolic flux analysis (NMR)- High trough-put screening facilities with a robotic station- Bio-manufacturing facility, including laboratory and pilot-scale bioreactors with on-line rapid automatic sampling and analysis, and down-stream processing and purification facilities- Malting and brewing facilities-Cell sorting, culturing and imaging facilities (Flow cytometers, imagers, Spinning disk and other microscopes)- Bioinformatics tools (In-house and commercial data processing software, compound libraries as well as databases for comparative genomics)
- Scientific & technological
- Study / initial design / Simulation
- Proof of concept / Lab testing of basic experimental set-up/ Characterisation
- Component/ breadboard / process development & testing
- Prototyping (integrated system/ sub-system) development & testing
- Pilot line / demonstration line / preseries