rue de l'halbrane
CEA Tech is the CEA’s (the French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energy Commission) technology research unit. CEA Tech’s three labs—Leti, Liten, and List—develop a broad portfolio of technologies for ICTs, energy, and healthcare.
CEA Tech leverages a unique innovation-driven culture and unrivalled expertise to develop and disseminate new technologies for industry, effectively bridging the gap between the worlds of research and business.
CEA Tech also provides businesses with access to Key Enabling Technologies developed by other CEA operating divisions.
Since 2013, CEA Tech has opened branch offices in Toulouse, Bordeaux, and Nantes, and will step up its activities in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region.
The regional branch offices will work closely with local stakeholders and the main CEA Tech platforms in Grenoble and Saclay.
Their mission is to:
• Disseminate the KETs developed at the CEA to meet the needs of all industries
• Develop local research programs that round out existing programs and that meet the unique needs of locally-anchored industries
Robotized X-ray tomography for NDT :
- A large scale shielded housing (9mx 6mx 4m)
- Two cooperative robots moving on rails, with high precision and high repeatability
- A micro-focus 225 kV X-ray generator
- Various detectors: large FOV (400 mm x 400 mm), high pixelized (50 µm pixel size), multi-spectral (material discrimination)
- A fatigue machine for in-situ cracks development imaging
- Image processing and fast 3D reconstruction algorithms
- Software simulation for inspection parameters optimization
Robotised XR imaging facility
- 2D and 3D NDT
- Novel means to image, control and monitor large and /or complex parts
- Object adapted inspection (acquisition time decrease, high zoom-in over defined ROI)
- Support to further developments of manufacturing technologies and emerging processes (composites, blending , metal)
- Non destructive characterization of internal defaults (inclusion, porosity, cracking) and their development after mechanical and/or acceleration weathering tests
- in-situ mechanical study
- Porosity mapping of additive manufacturing parts
- Quality control
- Structural integrity monitoring
- Reverse engineering for numerical modelization inputs