Neue Materialien Fürth GmbH (NMF) is a national research center of the Bavarian State. We transform cutting-edge materials and manufacturing methods into industrial solutions. Our 3000 m² testing field is equipped with large-scaled industrial facilities. The scope of our work is not limited to research – we also manufacture prototypes and small batches. We focus advanced materials and manufacturing technologies in the fields of additive manufacturing, forming technologies for lightweight construction, polymer processing and casting technology. Within that framework we develop solutions for Augmented Reality, Blockchain and IoT.
The strong partnership with the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) combined with a long-lasting experience in developing new production techniques is a unique selling point.
Proof of concept
We are focusing on the manufacturing process of prototypes and small batches ready for industrial use. Demonstrating applicability of cutting-edge manufacturing technologies is one of our major goals.
Research is time consuming and expensive. Success is not guaranteed. We will help you to reduce costs and increase the probability of success.
- 3 kW selective electron beam melting machine ARCAM A2X (dimensions: 200 x 200 x 380 mm³), machine manufacturer: ARCAM AB
- 2 kW selective laser melting machine (dimensions: 400 x 800 x 1000 mm³), machine manufacturer: Concept Laser GmbH
- Thixomolding systems with a clamping force of 220 t (manufactured by Japan Steel Works, Ltd.) and 650 t (manufactured by Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd.)
- Direct compounding prototype system with a clamping force of 400 t (casting machine with compounder)
- Injection compression press with a clamping force of 800 t (manufactured by ENGEL AUSTRIA GmbH))
- Multi-component injection moulding machine with a clamping force of 120 t (manufactured by KraussMaffei Technologie GmbH)
- Continuous compression line with a pressing force of 165 t (manufactured by Teubert Maschinenbau GmbH)
- Precision forming press with a clamping force of 200 t (manufactured by Langzauner GmbH)
- Continuous powder extrusion press with modified tool temperature control (prototype system, extrusion wheel diameter of 300 mm)
- Explosion-proof roller compactor for compacting metal bulk materials (prototype system)
- Cluster with 96 cores for simulation computations
- Flow-3D (Flow Science Deutschland GmbH)
- ProCAST (ESI Group)
- code_aster (open source)
- Yade (open source)
- Hydraulic press (400 t) with integrated orbital forming function (Lasco Umformtechnik GmbH)
- CO2 cutting laser with 3.2 kW (Trumpf GmbH + Co. KG)
- Four-high rolling mill with heated working rolls (Gerd Wolff Maschinenfabrik GmbH)
- High speed testing machine with 160 kN and testing speeds up to 20 m/s (Zwick GmbH & Co. KG)
Neue Materialien Fürth is a partner to industry in research and innovation in the development of new materials, the design and layout of components and in process design, start-up and optimisation through to damage analysis. Our range of services in the fields of polymers, metals and hybrid technology includes the cooperation and support of the industry in
- Analyses (chemical, thermoanalytical, microscopic)
- Materials testing (mechanical: static, dynamic, high-speed)
- Production- and application-oriented component design and layout
- Component examination and damage analyses
- Determination of material parameters for process simulation
- Simulation of manufacturing processes and process chains
- Data analysis and management in production
- Research and development for new materials and processes