Scientific divisions » Possibilities for Business
1. The analysis of the thermal processes taking place in the smart metering, accounting and monitoring equipment, their components and systems and the assessment of the opportunities to improve them.
2. The development of the methodology for heat and electricity efficiency evaluation of the objects (buildings and their equipment).
3. The testing of efficiency and adaptability of Venturi type condensate valves while changing the pressure of the steam and condensate flow in the steam lines and thermal equipment.
4. The analysis of thermal / hydraulic process ongoing in the energy and industrial facilities and their systems. The scientific research of operational and emergency processes in the energy and industrial facilities and their systems.
5. The safety analysis of energy and industrial facilities and their systems. The preparation of safety evaluation fundamentals for energy and industrial facilities and their systems.
6. The analysis of potential accidents and their consequences at energy and industrial facilities and their systems. The preparation of the manual for failure management at energy and industry facilities.
7. The thermal-hydraulic analysis of heat supply networks. The determination of the main directions for the organization of the heat network reconstruction.
8. The technical-economic analysis of heat network reconstruction. Heat network optimization.
9. The technical validation of safe operation of energy and industrial facilities and their systems.
10. The examination of extreme or unusual incidents possibly acting on the energy and industrial sites, objects and their systems.
11. The preparation of feasibility studies for alternative technical maintenance programs based on reliability control or risk assessment for energy and industrial facilities and their systems.
12. The reliability assessment of energy and industrial facilities and their systems. Probabilistic risk analysis. The assessment and prediction of performance and reliability characteristics of energy and industrial facilities and their systems.
13. The research of energy and industrial facilities and their systems parameters applying statistical analysis and mathematical modeling. The risk minimization and maintenance optimization of the energy and industrial facilities and their systems.
14. The preparation of renewable energy sources usage strategies and the implementation action plans in municipalities and regions.
15. The heat pricing for municipal-owned heating companies.
16. The energy audits of industrial companies and processes, the analysis of opportunities to increase the efficiency of the energy usage in the industry.
17. The accuracy tests of short-term forecasts of variation of wind flow and wind power plant capacity.
18. The assessment of windiness conditions, the feasibility studies of wind power plant installation, the modeling of noise and shading zones.
19. The mathematical modeling and research of electrical power system (power stations, networks and control systems).
20. The technical feasibility studies for work evaluation of electrical power system and its technical equipment.
21. The optimization of electricity system operation in market conditions, the balancing, the creation of competitive mechanisms and models for systematic and other additional services.
22. The creation of market mechanisms and implementation schemes in order to increase the competition in the electricity sector and their application in practice.
23. The formation of energy strategy for company. Energy resource demand analysis.
24. The cost assessment of energy resources impact on the production and / or service.
25. The review of energy resources market and evaluation and analysis of possible changes therein.
26. The research of opportunities to use renewable and alternative energy resources, including their instability. Needs and feasibility study.
27. The analysis and evaluation of development opportunities for small business in the field of energy.
28. Extended cost-benefit analysis.
29. The evaluation of energy saving and greenhouse gas emission reduction potentials implementing the behavior and product innovations in the households and other sectors (services, industry, etc.). The evaluation of willingness to pay for product innovations related to renewable energy sources and energy saving.
30. The assessment of smart solutions in the energy systems on consumer behavior.
31. The research of thermal processes taking place in the smart metering, accounting and monitoring equipment, their components and systems.
32. The construction, efficiency and pollutant emission research of small and medium-power water heating boilers, heated with gaseous, liquid and solid fuels, including biofuels. Accredited and notified testing and conformity assessment services in accordance with the technical regulations (92/42/EEB, 90/396/EEB) and the standard LST EN 303-5:2000 standard.
33. The construction, efficiency and pollutant emission research of heating equipment (fireplaces, stoves, heaters), heated with solid fuel, including biofuel. Accredited and notified testing and conformity assessment services of Lithuania boiler manufacturer’s products in accordance with the STR 1:01:04: 2002 (89/106/EEB).
34. The research of fluid (liquid and gas) flow measurements in order to improve the accounting of material resources and the operation of energy installations. The testing of Lithuanian manufacturer’s water and heat meters and conformity assessment in accordance with the technical regulations of measuring instruments (2004/22/EB).
35. The studies and tests of thermochemical processes or energy and material flows in the energy production facilities.
36. The feasibility studies and research of fuel and/or waste combustion and heat-treating equipment creation or improvement in order to create a cost-effective and environmentally friendly technological solutions (eg .: a new type of burners with low NOx emissions, the experimental study of a new kind of liquid fuel combustion; waste gasification or pyrolysis devices and etc.).
37. The efficiency assessment of energy and fuel production facilities, sampling and testing of the products formed during the manufacturing process.
38. The analysis of hydro- and aerodynamic problems. Application: the resistance reduction research of air or smoke tracts; the studies of heat transfer efficiency in heat exchangers and etc.
39. Numerical studies of flow structure and interaction in energy production devices.
40. Numerical research of heat transfer and flow hydrodynamics in various energy devices.
41. Numerical studies of pellets (many particle systems) dynamics.
42. Mathematical and numerical modeling of various physical processes taking place in the energy and fuel production equipment.
43. Group exclusion in various discrete systems.
44. Thermogravimetric examination of substances with evolved gas analysis using FTIR and GC/MS methods. Applications: tests of specific heat of organic and inorganic substances, melting temperature, transition enthalpy, phase transitions, crystallization temperature, degree of crystallinity, glass transition temperature, degradation effects, reaction kinetics, purity of the substance, weight changes, dehydration, corrosion, oxidation and reduction of various materials. Thermal decomposition analysis of various solid and liquid fuel with constantly increasing heating temperature. Environment – from inert to pure oxygen.
45. The EPA 16 PAH method to study the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons generated during the thermochemical processes. Applications: the analysis of thermal decomposition (gasification) and combustion products of biofuels and other organic fuels and waste; ecology, oil industry, industrial chemistry, food industry, perfumery, medicine, drug control.
46. Analysis of inorganic gases and gaseous organic compounds. Applications: the analysis of thermal decomposition (gasification) and combustion products of biofuels and other organic fuels and waste; ecology, oil industry, industrial chemistry, food industry, perfumery, medicine, drug control.
47. The identification of organic compounds using the gas chromatography - mass spectrometry method. Applications: the analysis of thermal decomposition (gasification) and combustion products of biofuels and other organic fuels and waste; ecology, oil industry, industrial chemistry, food industry, perfumery, medicine, drug control.
48. Video capture and image analysis. Applications: performing the diagnostics of the combustion process; the analysis of quick processes and phenomena that require high optical sensitivity; the information of flame development at the burner - changes in the color, the investigation of the light spectrum; the research of chemiluminescent processes occurring in materials.
49. The evaluations of radioactive waste (including spent nuclear fuel) and their processing, storage facilities and repositories characteristics.
50. The evaluations of radioactive waste pollution levels and activation of irradiated systems.
51. The assessments of radionuclides and gas migration from the geological repository of housed spent nuclear fuel.
52. The scientific assessments of nuclear power plant decommissioning aspects related to radioactive waste treatment, storage and disposal.
53. The fire safety evaluation of premises (where the waste is stored) and equipment. The simulation of fire spread indoors.
54. The analysis of heat transfer and flow hydrodynamics in various obtained from biofuels or waste heat generation and disposal facilities and the assessment of possibilities to improve these facilities.
55. The reduction analysis of emissions outgoing with smoke during the biofuel combustion and the assessment of possibilities to improve the combustion process using electrostatic (and other) filters. The efficiency analysis of electrostatic (and others) filter and the assessment of opportunities to improve them.
56. The chemical composition analysis of gaseous, liquid and solid substances using infrared (FTIR) spectrometer.
57. The gas composition analysis: the determination of H2, CO, CO2, SO2, NOx, O2, CxHy concentrations. NDIR (non-dispersive infrared) technology is used. Analyzed gas ranges: CO – 0-100%, СO2 – 0-50%, CxHy – 0-30 000 ppm, SO2 – 0-5000 ppm, O2 – 0-25%, NO – 0-4000 ppm, NO2 – 0-1000 ppm. Direct continuous hydrogen gas concentration and temperature measurement. Hydrogen concentration limits 0-100% by volume, temperature measurement up to 1700 °C.
58. The determination of flaming and plasma flow emission spectra and research of elemental composition using optical spectrometer.
59. The determination of energy and dynamic characteristics of high-temperature flows and research of their patterns.
60. The biomass and waste analysis, the research of hazardous heavy metals in waste.
61. The effectiveness study of steam heated tanks and heat exchangers operating regime.
62. The preparation of the technological project of water treatment equipment exploited energy and industrial objects, the assessment of potential accidents and their consequences.
63. The analysis of biofuel usage demand, opportunities and optimal solutions. The evaluation of perspectives to use the solid biofuel and its mixtures and municipal wastes in centralized district heating and decentralized heating devices.
64. Biomass energy potential studies. The preparation of technical and economic feasibility studies to use the biofuels and other local energy resources.
65. The research to create or improve the fuel and/or waste combustion and heat-treatment equipment in order to develop the cost-effective and environmentally friendly technological solutions (e.g. a new type burners with low NOx emissions; the experimental study of new kind liquid fuel combustion, waste gasification or pyrolysis equipment, etc.).
66. The research of heat transfer and flow hydrodynamics in various heat from biofuels or waste generation and recovery equipment.
67. The reduction studies of emissions outgoing with smoke during the biofuel combustion using electrostatic (and other) filters. Electrostatic (and other) filter efficiency research.
68. Atmospheric and reduced pressure plasma technology development, research and application for various waste neutralization and waste conversion into valuable products and/or energy.
69. Organic liquid and solid waste conversion, removal of environmentally hazardous substances using water vapor and other gas plasma technologies.
70. The production, development and application of catalysts for neutralization of CO, HC, SO2, NOx and other pollutants and reduction of their emissions.
71. The design, production, research and application of plasma facilities for fuel conversion and waste neutralization.
72. Various types of fuel conversion in the environment of reactive gases and water vapor plasma.
73. The creation, production and research of multi-purpose catalytic filters: cleansing atmospheric air, water and eliminating the odors.
74. The testing and development research of fuel and/or waste combustion and heat-treatment equipment prototypes.
75. The testing and determination of technical parameters of pilot scale fuel and/or waste combustion and heat-treatment equipment.
76. The research of energy production and consumption efficiency improvement opportunities in residential, public and other purpose buildings, industry. The evaluation and feasibility studies on the energy (heat, electricity) saving opportunities in residential, public and other purpose buildings, industry.
77. The assessment of building energy performance according to a technical project. Building energy auditing and certification.
78. The impact assessment of renewable energy sources usage in buildings on the building energy performance.
79. The analysis of energy consumption efficiency and it influencing factors. Thermovisual surface temperature tests – the study on the thermal insulation quality and heat losses. The assessment of buildings energy consumption, the research for more efficient energy usage and saving opportunities.
80. The assessment of technical and economic indicators of the energy (heat/electricity) generation technologies. The analysis, pricing and development optimization of technical, environmental and economic indicators of district heating and cooling systems.
81. The analysis of thermal processes and the assessment of opportunities to improve the information management systems (and their components), which allows to integrate and optimize the usage of the solar energy with other energy sources.
82. The technical and economic feasibility assessment to use the solar power in houses and flats.
83. The research of thermal processes of information management systems (and their components), which allows to integrate and optimize the usage of solar energy with other energy sources.
84. The designing of models and their components and prototype development of solar and wind mini power plants.
85. The research of interaction between the high-temperature flow and various materials, the tests of material resistance at high temperature (air, nitrogen, hydrogen, argon, propane and etc.) gas flow.
86. The chemical composition analysis of solid materials by infrared (FTIR) spectrometer.
87. The determination of materials surface area, pore size measurement by the BET method.
88. The synthesis of nanomaterials which are used in the energy, medicine, construction and transport sectors, using physical-chemical methods and the analysis of surface and volumetric properties of obtained/existing structures.
89. Materials structure research using X-ray diffraction analysis. Optical and scanning electronic microscopy, elemental microanalysis (EDX).
90. The formation of catalytic and protective (anti-corrosive, non-irrigated, resistant to abrasion, etc.) coatings on various surfaces in plasma environment and the study of their properties.
91. The synthesis, application and study of ceramic fiber for production of thermal insulation, fine filters and catalysts.
92. The synthesis of thin films and nanopowders for energy, medicine, construction and transport sectors and analysis of their surface and bulk properties.
93. The monitoring and analysis of fast processes and phenomena (explosions, distraction, movement, material changes, etc.) with high-speed image capture camera.
94. The applied research of isolated heating lines, sandwich and other type pipe systems. Accredited testing and conformity assessment services in accordance with normative documents.
95. The thermal performance tests of heat insulation (fire, etc.) materials and products. Accredited testing and conformity assessment services in accordance with normative documents.
96. The applied research of plumbing equipment (soaking and household bathtubs, multifunction shower cubicles, washbasins, water closets, sinks, etc.) and their systems. Accredited testing and conformity assessment services in accordance with normative documents.
97. The tests of metal aging processes, structure and properties degradation under the influence of operational factors and corrosion. The assessment of industrial equipment reliability, the operational status and resource of materials used for energy and chemical industry equipment. Metallographic analysis; microstructure research using optical and electronic scanning microscopy; elemental analysis of the metals composition; mechanical properties tests of metals and construction materials.
98. Materials structure study applying the X-ray diffraction analysis.
99. Solid inorganic materials research applying physical gas adsorption / desorption method. The determination of specific surface area, pore size, pore volume and their distributions of materials.
100. Metal corrosion and electrochemical processes research: kinetics, the effectiveness evaluation of the corrosion inhibitors and protective coatings.
101. The current situation analysis of energy and industrial objects metal structures and the prediction of residual resource in work conditions. The current situation research of energy objects metal structures (the investigation of metal mechanical characteristics and aging mechanisms), the analysis of lifecycle change justification and the prediction of the residual resource in work conditions.
102. The safe operation analysis of metal structures with defects from energy facilities (heat, gas and oil supply networks) and the prediction of the residual resource in work conditions. The safe operation research of metal structures with defects from energy facilities (heat, gas and oil supply networks) and the prediction of the residual resource.
103. The strength analysis of buildings and metal structures of energy and industry objects and safe operation justification. The strength analysis of reinforced concrete and metal structures of energy facilities and research on justification of lifecycle changes.
104. The probabilistic fracture assessment of energy facilities (heat, gas and oil supply networks) running on operating and emergency loads. The current situation analysis (the study of mechanical characteristics, aging mechanisms and operating conditions) of energy objects (e.g. heat, gas and oil supply networks) and the studies of probabilistic disintegration assessment.
105. The development of thermoplastic polymer composites using production waste and the preparation of methodical solutions for reuse and recycling.
106. The formation of structural materials surface layers using plasma technology (plasma spraying, nitriding, formation of various carbon structures) and research.
107. The modification of ceramic and metal materials in various gas plasma environments and their study.
108. The research of multiple processed thick-layered thermoplastic composite coatings to protect metal products from corrosion and mechanical damage.
109. The sustainable development of maritime and inland waterway transport systems. The preparation of optimal port development (deepening and quay construction) solutions using the results of the waves and hydrodynamic processes and sediment transfer numerical simulation (licensed digital modeling system MIKE 21). Feasibility studies to justify the activities, the environmental impact assessment (EIA) reports, strategic environmental consequence assessment reports. Port dredging regulations and rules.
110. The assessment of climate change impact on shipping conditions. The change assessment of water reservoirs hydrological, hydrodynamic and sediment transfer processes applying climate change scenarios and numerical simulation methods. Environmental impact assessment (EIA) reports, strategic environmental consequence assessment report.
111. The research of wind power efficiency and it determining factors.
112. The research of material thermal stability, dehydration, decomposition, oxidation and reduction processes.
113. The optimization of district heating systems heat source work regimes, evaluating the different purpose of devices (production, reservation, balancing), changing needs, environmental protection and other energy policy constraints.