Área Industrial Perguita, C/A Nº 1
31210 Los Arcos NA
Lurederra Foundation for Technical and Social Development (LUREDERRA) is a non-profit, private Technological Centre created in June 1999 by the association of several public authorities, financial organizations, RTD organizations and companies in diverse productive fields, totalling more than 20 independent entities. LUREDERRA performs activities of RTD on behalf of the industries and other economical agents within its sphere of influence, followed by implementation of the innovations developed at their production sites. The organization is a Spanish CIT (Centre of Innovation and Technology) recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Science with the number 98. Main RTD fields where LUREDERRA is active are:
- Nanotechnology: LUREDERRA is a reference in the manufacturing of simple and complex nano-oxides with small sizes and high purity. The Centre counts on a state-of-the-art in pyrolysis nanoparticle production plant with a capacity for continuous operation up to 1 kg/h and lab-scale facilities (from 10 to 100g/h) for R&D activities. In addition, the Centre is highly-skilled in physical-chemical treatment of nanoparticles for dispersion and integration as well as functionalization and in the development of coating technology and functional surfaces. This includes substrates such as glass, metal, porous (concrete, stone, wood, etc.) and polymers Among the functionalities developed are water repellence, self-cleaning, anti-scratch, conductivity or anti-fouling among others.
- Advanced materials: Advanced processing of plastics, including co-extrusion-blowing, mono and double screen extrusion, moulding injection. Surface treatment of fibre and mineral nanoparticles. Development of filled polymer composites with different properties (antimicrobial, barrier effect, improved UV resistance, conductivity, biodegradability, etc.), multicomponent systems with controlled response or sensorised intelligent materials, etc.
- Advanced environment: Development of technologies related with reduction, recycle and revalorization of organic/inorganic wastes. The field also comprises the application of new materials for diverse fields such as purification treatment of gas and water wastes.
- Fine chemistry: Synthesis of special organic functional chemicals: organic-inorganic coupling agents, intermediates precursors for complex reactions, etc. It is included also an area related with sustainable chemistry: development of high efficient sorbent or plastic manufacturing using renewable sources.
Nanomaterials and coatings:
- FSP reactors at lab scale (10 g/h, 100g/h) and pilot scale line (up to 1kg/h)
- Lurederra counts with different reactors for nanodispersion and nanocoating manufacturing:
Laboratory scale reactors (1-20 litres)
Pilot scale reactors (50-1000 litres)
Dispersion lines at lab scale (30L/h)
Dispersion lines at pilot scale (100L/h)
- Dispersion mill DYNO-MILL MULTI LAB
- Planetary ball mill Pulverisette 6
- Rotary evaporator
- BET surface area analyzer
- Viscosimeter and calorimeter
- Z-sizer nanoparticle analyzer
- Contact angle
- Abrasion tester
- Transtech spray-gun
- MOTOMAN MH6 Robot
- Salt Spray Chamber
- Optical Microscopy
- Dip coating system
- Pipe coating line.
- Lines for film blowing and injection (60Tn)
- Blown extrusion
- Lab rollers IQAP- LAP, Hydraulic press Agme PH-40 up to 40 Tn.
- Single and twin-screw extruders (up to 150 kg/h).
- Mechanical Test specimen fabrication and testing: Injection machine Sandreto FM21 up to 60 Tn and Instron model 3365
-Pilot line for windshields treatment (PVB/glass) (20 Kg/h)
-Pilot line for PVB recycling from laminated glass (40 ton/month of recycled PVB)
-Pilot line for polyolefins separation.
-Pilot line for metals recovering.
-For tailored treatment of highly polluted waste water, the Centre counts, among other equipment, on a highly versatile pilot line (500-2000l/h) combining different advanced depuration systems, as well as an in-line control of the features of the depurated effluent.
-Laboratory scale reactors: continuous and batch mode, 1l/h, 2 l and 5 liters.
-Pilot scale reactor (100 l/h)
-Pilot scale reactors for chemical treatment in continuous mode. (1000 liters reactors)
-Dispersion lines at lab (30 l/h) and pilot scales (100 l/h)
-Pumps and filter cartridge (up to 8 bar)
-Laboratory centrifuge 4.400 rpm
-Decanter (500-2.000 l/h) (Alfa- Laval)
-Laboratory equipment for analysis (COD, BOD, GC, HPLC, UV-VIS, among others).
•Internal research activities for the development of technologies and products: RESEARCH FOR EXPLOITATION, diverse active formulations are becoming market products by the sale or transference of technology
•Participation and coordination in collaborative projects at national and international level
•RTD developments with private companies
•Investment in new commercialisation routes, creation of Spin-off companies: The concept of technological centre transformed into “production entity” . First case in 2007, Tecnología Navarra de Nanoproductos S.L. (TECNAN) production and commercialisation of nanoproducts at industrial scale