60 Rue Nicolas Leblanc
Expertise: Anaerobic digestion (effluents, solid residues, biomass) - Biological waste-water treatment - Pre-treatments -Fermentation (Bio-hydrogene, Bio-hythane) - Micro-algae culture and valorization - High-value bio molecules (phenolics) - Microbial Ressource Management - Biofilms in reactors and Bioelectrochemistry - Sanitary risk evaluation & control -Modelling, Instrumentation & control -Life Cycle Analysis & Eco-design
Services provided: Collaborative and partnership-based research (proof of concept, mid to long term studies offer) - Feasibility studies - Analytical - Hosting: technological halls and laboratories in LBE’s and access to a business incubator and business park thanks to our attachment to the PMI, Mediterranean Innovation Park - Technological and scientific support -
With a 3500 m² experimental hall, a performant scientific and analytical equipment and more than 50 digesters (one liter to several m3) operating all year round, the LBE is a world leader R&D center in the field of anaerobic digestion and environmental biorefinery. It puts on excellence research and offers a multidisciplinary approach on a broad range of topics related to waste & waste-water treatment and valorization, in particular anaerobic digestion. High BMP (biochemical methane potential) capacity: more than 500/year.
Experimental resources from fundamental research to technology transfer
The laboratory efficiently valorises its research through its Bio2 platform , dedicated to innovation and technology transfer: https://www6.montpellier.inrae.fr/narbonne_eng/BIO2E-Platform
- Core facilities ('omics', experimental fields, microscopy)
- Pilot plants that can be installed in an industrial context
- Demonstration plants dedicated to technological transfer
- Scientific & technological
- Study / initial design / Simulation
- Proof of concept / Lab testing of basic experimental set-up/ Characterization
- Component/ breadboard / process development & testing
- Prototyping (integrated system/ sub-system) development & testing
- Pilot line / demonstration line / preseries
Training topics mainly cover WWTP modelling, anaerobic digestion, microbial ecology and process engineering.