Via Pier Carlo Boggio 61
10138 Torino TO
ISMB is a no-profit research & innovation center operating in the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) domain. Founded in 2000 by Compagnia di San Paolo and Politecnico di Torino, today ISMB relies on technological and process competences of around 150 researchers working in close cooperation with companies, academia and Public Administration. ISMB is organized in Research Areas that are capable of managing the whole value chain, from basic technology up to proof-of-concept implementation. ISMB Research Areas focus on core sectors of ICT, among which:
• satellite navigation technologies,
• pervasive systems and Internet of Things,
• wireless communications
• cloud computing and electromagnetic simulation,
• use of ICT for the promotion of sustainable development,
• mobile systems,
• data management.
Since 2010 ISMB has extended its activities to process innovation in knowledge-intensive sectors and in high-value social projects. Three Strategic Programs have been established to frame experiences and results of Research Areas in the perspective of the European grand societal challenges that are interdisciplinary by nature:
• energy efficiency and smart grids,
• smart cities,
ISMB is involved in several EU-funded projects and industrial cooperations with large enterprises and SMEs, as well as in higher-education initiatives in partnership with academic institutions.
Istituto Superiore "Mario Boella" has 5 technological laboratories spanning across its 4000sqm facilities including innovative technologies demonstrators.
- Scientific & technological
- Study / initial design / Simulation
- Component/ breadboard / process development & testing
- Prototyping (integrated system/ sub-system) development & testing
The organization holds trainings on wireless networking, navigation technologies (Galileo) and cloud computing architecture and services.