3 Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie
The main goal of MORATEX activity is to develop modern designs and technologies of textile technical products and implementing them to the industry. The institute worked-out the leading position among domestic R&D bodies and developers of hi-tech products intended for various branches of national economy. In the 90’s the R&D workload remarkably moved towards developing personal life and health protection means for individuals exposed to threats from bullets, fragments, impacts, harmful chemical or biological agents and unfavourable factors, as fire, temperature, water etc. The research on that times focused mainly on solutions related to technologies designed for services subordinated to the Minister of Interior and Administration and to the Minister of National Defence. Since 1999, according to the decree of Prime Minister (Journal of Laws No. 24 item 217) MORATEX is the departmental R&D body supervised by the Minister of Interior and Administration. Starting with that moment, all the effort of the Institute’s management and employees has been clearly driven to satisfying the expectations and requirements of the Police, Fire Service, Border Guards and State Protection Service. Executing the tasks set, with co-operation with those services, MORATEX developed new and modern uniform assortment, equipment and means of individual protection. The high level and modernity of material, technical and design solutions of developed products, are proven by positive opinions of end users as well, as the medals and awards from both domestic and international organizations. We also conduct research in the field of LCA, risk analysis, multi-criteria analysis, reverse engineering, virtual reality (VR) technologies for training and education of for uniformed services, software for simulation of fast-changing events, mechanical analysis and CFD in environment ANSYS, prototyping by using technologies of 3D printing and scanning 3D, participation in projects combining and developing new technologies. With particular emphasis on AI, 3D and drone technologies. The novelty of scientific and technological solutions is confirmed by the protection rights assigned by the Polish Patent Office. The Institute has gained more than 100 patents and more than 140 utility models.
Chemical Research Laboratory equipment:
- Gas chromatograph coupled to a mass detector GCMS-QP2010 Ultra (prod. Shimadzu) and with flame ionization detector (FID – prod. 2010 PLUS/Shimadzu);
- UV-VIS spectrophotometer, V-670 model with integrating sphere, MODEL ILN-725 (prod. Jasco);
- FTIR Nicolet iS10 spectrometer (Thermo Scientific) with transmission and reflection (ATR) test attachment;
- UV-VIS Datacolor TM 400 spectrophotometer;
- Automatic extractor B-811 (BUCHI);
- Microscope B4-313 with camera (Motic); and Optical microscope LAB 50M (Opti-tech);
- KINEXUS PRO oscillating and rotational reometer (MALVERN);
- Differential scanning calorimeter with DSC-3 equipment (Mettler-Toledo);
- Thermogravimetric analyser with TGA/DSC 3+ equipment (Mettler-Toledo);
- Dynamic mechanical analyser with DMA-1 equipment (Mettler-Toledo);
- ICP spectrometer – OES 5110 ICP – OES with autosampler SPS 4 (Agilent Technologies INC.);
- MARS 6 microwave mineralizer (CEM Corporation);
- small laboratory equipment: MA 50.R moisture analyzer (RADWAG), MA 50/1.X2.IC.A moisture analyzer (RADWAG); analytical balance AS 310/C/2 (RADWAG); AS 62.X2 analytical balance (RADWAG);
- Water baths with shaker VIBRA 6 (AJL Elecronic) and SWB 22N (Laboplay);
- pH-meter CP-505 (ELMETRON);
- VACUUM EVAPORATOR INGOS RVO400 with VM20D pump;
- Ultrasonic Bath SONOREX RK 255H (BANDELIN), Ultrasonic Bath SONOREX RK 100H (BANDELIN);
- Drying and heating chamber Solid Line FD-S 56 (Binder) with forced Convection;
- Orbital shaker Digital RS-OS 10 (Phoenix Instrument);
- Centrifuge MPW M-DIAGNOSTIC (MPW).
Metrological Research Laboratory equipment:
- Instron metrological machine with tooling adapted for yarn testing (range 2.5 kN);
- Zwick metrological machine with instrumentation adapted for the testing of technical products (range 25 kN);
- Zwick metrological machine with instrumentation adapted to the testing of technical products and ropes and belts (range 50 kN);
- "de MATTIA" bending resistance test device;
- Martindale abrasion and pilling test device;
- Box apparatus for the study of the phenomenon of piling;
- MESDAN torsionmeter;
- FX-3300 TEXTTEST AG air permeability test device;
- FX-3000 TEXTTEST waterproof test device;
- FF-10 rain resistance test apparatus and Bundesmann apparatus;
- Paramount Europe sprinkler spray tester;
- A device for measuring heat resistance and water vapor resistance under fixed state conditions (method of boiling heat-insulated plate);
- Tilmet thickness gauge;
- A station for testing the flammability and spread of flame;
- FIRE Instrumentation and Research Equipment Limited – oxygen index;
- Servathin SECASI climate chamber high and low temperatures;
- KBF 240 BINDER GmbH climate chamber;
- Tera 6206 omometer with electrodes - surface and transom resistance;
- Metreso 2000 electrode set - surface resistance, sequection and among points;
- a position for testing the loss of load and the shielding factor;
- Digi Wash laundry room for stain resistance;
- Wascator FOM71CLS.
- ZWICK multi-station hardness tester
- Perspirometer sweat color fastness tester
- Fiber length testing device
- Tumble dryer
- Fatigue testing machine
- Fastpress plate press
- Device for bending/crushing samples
- Sticking resistance testing device
- Device for testing water resistance
- Testo meter with temperature and air flow probe
The Ballistic Research Laboratory equipment:
- Barrels for Universal ballistic breech:4,6 x 30; 40 S&W; 357 Magnum; 44 Rem. Mag.; 38 Special; 380 AUTO; 5,7 x 28; 7,62 x 25; 30-06 Spring.; 7,62 x 39; 9 x 19; 7,62 x 51; 5,56 x 45; 7,62 x 54;
- Special purpose test barrels FSP.22 (up to 1800 m/s), FSP.30 (up to 900 m/s)
- Intelligent light gate - range of velocity measured up to 2000 m/s
- Projectile Yaw Measurement System 2019 (PYAWMS -2019): projectile velocity range 25-2000 m/s, accuracy: 0.5%, YAW angle active area: circle, diameter: 80 mm, accuracy: +/-0.5 deg
- The Anti Stab and Anti Blunt tester stands are special devices designed for realizing drop test according to NIJ Standard 0115; BS 7971; EN 397
- Stand for Ballistic Impact Attenuation Test according to NIJ Standard 0106
- FLIR A310 features a 320 x 240 pixel vanadium oxide (VOx)
- The High-Speed Phantom v711 includes a wide screen 1280 x 800 CMOS sensor, which allows moving targets to be kept in the frame longer and so to see more of the event being recorded. The wide sensor also enables true 1280 x 720 HD images from a 1Mpx camera. With the v711, a maximum speed of 7530 frames-per-second can achieve at full resolution. At reduced resolutions, the camera can deliver up to 680,000 frames-per-second or up to 1,400,000 fps with the FAST option.
- The HYBRID III 50th Percentile crash test dummy, representing the average adult male (head and neck; upper torso) - neck design to simulates the human dynamic moment / rotation, flexion, and extension response and upper torso which has 6 high strength steel ribs with polymer based damping material to simulate human chest force-deflection used during ballistics research.
- MK 720 BINDER GmbH climate chamber.
ITB "MORATEX" conducts scientific research and development works as well as implementation works in the discipline of materials engineering, the effects of which are applied in the area of state security.
ITB "MORATEX" shapes its strategic objectives in relation to the environment of the Institute, including directly to the assumptions of the scientific policy of the State, expressed, m.in. in national and European legal acts and strategic documents concerning research and development as well as innovation and horizontal development policies.
Scientific research and development work shall be supported by:
- accredited testing laboratories;
- R&D project realization
- Commercialization of the R&D project effects.
The required level of scientific research, development work as well as commercialization and implementation works is, m.in the result of ISO 9001 introduced in 2001 at the Institute of Quality Management System. This system operates in the entire area of the Institute's activity and is successively updated and improved in terms of achieving the required quality of activities and customer satisfaction.
ITB "Moratex" has three research laboratories: the Laboratory of Meteorological Research, the Laboratory of Laboratory Ballistic Research, the Laboratory of Chemical testing meeting the requirements of the PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018-02 standard and the Certification Unit meeting the requirements of PN-EN ISO/IEC 17065:2013-03 – accredited by the PCA and the Ministry of National Defence. MORATEX performs the verification of the textile and clothing, composites, technologies and other products used in the security area.
The Director of the ITB "MORATEX" Institute was indicated as the body exercising supervision on behalf of the Minister over activities related to the product put into use in the cells and organizational units of the Ministry.
The Institute is a founding member of two Science and Industrial Centres and a Science Centre.
The Institute employs a qualified team of specialists from various fields of knowledge and scientific disciplines. These are scientific, research and technical, engineering and technical, administrative and economic employees and people in the positions of technical service employees.