The Fraunhofer IPT combines long time knowledge and experience in all areas of production technology. Located in Aachen we offer clients and project partners special and immediately practical solutions for a connected, adaptive production in the fields of process technology, production machines, production quality and metrology, as well as technology management.
We understand production not only in individual operations, but consider all production processes and the links between all the elements of the overall process in their entirety – from pre- and product development via production preparation and assembly to the manufacturing.
Our business activities consider individual tasks and challenges within the following branches, technologies and product areas: tool and die making, optics, turbo machinery, life sciences engineering, and lightweight production technology.
The Fraunhofer IPT currently employs a staff of approximately 450, currently working on projects in 9000 m² facilities, 5000 m² of which are used as laboratories and machining workshops.
We provide a broad service for Industry, comprising e.g.
- Scientific & technological technology evaluation
- Machine setup and prototype manufacturing
- Market Studies / Initial design / Simulation
- Proof of concept / Lab testing of basic experimental set-up/ Characterisation
- Component/ breadboard / process development & testing
- Prototyping (integrated system/ sub-system) development & testing
- Pilot lines / demonstration lines / preseries