Klemensa Janickiego 35
CBIMO is an interdisciplinary group working within Faculty of Food Sciences and Fisheries (West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin).
CBIMO R&D activities are mainly focused on following topics:
- bioimmobilization and microencapsulation of living cells, bioactive substances and food-additives (encapsulation from macro- down to to nano- scale)
- biodegradable food-packaging materials (mainly cellulose, starch and PLA based materials)
- characterization and various methods of food packaging
- isolation, chemical modification and purification of biopolymers (specifically polysaccharides and their hydrophobic derivatives)
- physico-chemical characterization of biopolymers.
See the presentation of CBIMO R&D activities and recent projects.
Pilot plant of innovative packaging materials (manufacture, processing and modification of polymers/plastics and packaging materials - paper, paper board and plastic films)
Pilot plant of microencapsulation technologies (spray drying and other encapsulation methods to form aqueous- and dry- based particles of nano- and micro- size)
Analytical facilities (characterisation methods including HPLC/GPC, RAMAN, FTIR, SEM,
Materials testing (mechanical, thermo-mechanical, coating/printing of packaging materials, surface characterisation, gas barrier properties).
For more info go to CBIMO WWW page:
- microencapsulation based on natural and modified polymers (polysaccharides and proteins),
- immobilization of living cells (mammalian and bacteria),
- food-bioactive substances (nutraceuticals) and taste and smell masking,
- formation and characterization of microcapsules (mechanical and permeability),
- formation, modification and characterization of packaging materials including mainly paper, paperboard and polymer films,
- food and packaging interaction "active packaging".