C/ Relva 27
36410 O PORRIÑO
AIMEN Technology Centre was set up in 1967 as an initiative of the industry as a non-profit private association. The Centre is focused in developing and strengthening the competitive capacities of companies through the promotion and execution of R&D&i activities, as well as providing technological services of high added value.
The goal of the AIMEN is to be a technological and strategic partner, thus contributing to the improvement of their technological capabilities and increasing their competitiveness.
AIMEN expertise in advanced manufacturing has enabled a cross-sectorial collaboration activity with several industrial areas that go from aeronautics to chemical and petrochemical, automotive, shipbuilding, construction, energy, metal mechanical, etc. To such wide range of industrial sectors, AIMEN provides technological services and engages in R&D&i activities in different areas such as High Performance Materials, Smart Manufacturing, Laser Based Manufacturing, Laser-assisted manufacturing, Micro and High Precision Manufacturing, Environmental Technologies.
AIMEN is involved in many regional, national and international network, the most relevant are listed herein:
- Associations promoting the contractual Private-Public Partnerships: EFFRA, EuRobotics, Photonics21, Vessels for the Future.
- European Technology Platforms: MANUFUTURE (subplatforms for Joining and for Additive manufacturing), EuMAT, Photonics21 and WssTP.
- Other networks: EARTO (European Association of Research and Technology Organisations), SECPhO (Southern European Cluster in Photonics & Optics), European Laser Institute, European Federation for Welding, Joining and Cutting, EUCOG (European Network for the Advancement of Artificial Cognitive Systems, Interaction and Robotics), EPIC (European Photonics Industry Consortium).
AIMEN holds the Technical Secretariat of the Spanish Photonics Platform Fotónica21, and the national mirror group of the European Photonics Technology Platform, Photonics21.
- Joining Technology Plant
- Laser Processing Centre.
- Mechanical Tests Laboratory
- Mechanical and Destructive Testing Area
- Calibration Laboratory
- Mechanical and Non Destructive Testing Area
- Heat Treatment Laboratory
- Mechanical Workshop
- Process engineering and development: laser based manufacturing, laser micro-nanofabrication
- Process automation and robotics, including machine vision, monitoring and quality assessment
- Study / initial design / Simulation
- Proof of concept / Lab testing of basic experimental set-up
- Prototyping (integrated system/ sub-system) development & testing
- Pilot line / demonstration line / preseries
- Scientific & technological consultancy
- Eco-efficient wastewater treatment technologies
- Organic waste valorisation technologies