Public cloud computing is evolving from a generic way to access additional computing power to a hybrid computing environment realising the everything-as-a-service provisioning concept, including applications. As revealed in ATI survey analysis, cloud is the instrument chosen by most enterprises to deliver services and applications based on Big Data, IoT and Artificial Intelligence. To deal with increasing demand for real-time processing capabilities, computing power and data scalability, cloud offerings are evolving rapidly.
In this report, we examine:
- The most relevant trends shaping the evolving cloud market and industry;
- Strategies around migration to multicloud environments;
- The development of edge computing and the movement of data processing capability away from the core of cloud networks;
- The emergence of alternative cloud models based on distributed/federated cloud services;
- The need to deal with environmental challenges and reduce the carbon footprint of the cloud industry.