The policy seminar on ‘Scaling up in Advanced Technologies’ is part of a series of 8 policy seminars organised within the Advanced Technologies for Industry (ATI) project commissioned by EISMEA and European Commission - DG GROW. The project provides systematic monitoring of technological trends and reliable, up-to-date data on advanced technologies to properly support the implementation of policies and initiatives and finally promote a competitive European industry.
In the quest for resilience through increasing its strategic capacity, the EU needs to take more actions to support the European scale-ups with a technology base. There are several challenges at the EU level that prevent tech scale-ups to fully develop their potential. In this context, the ATI project has developed an analysis on identifying the main challenges of these companies and providing an overview of the existing policy strategies and measures at the EU level, as well as national and regional level. This policy webinar will also help to identify additional gaps in knowledge and policy needs.
In the context of the Advanced Technologies for Industry monitor of the European Commission, the online policy seminar will aim to:
- present the ATI analysis on tech scaleups and specific demand-side policy measures
- identify challenges not yet sufficiently addressed and point out policy gaps
- develop recommendations on how to improve the framework conditions for European scaleups active in the field of advanced technologies.
Registration to the event: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/ATIPolicyScaling20042021
Tentative Programme (10:00 – 12:30)
Moderator: Jari Romanainen, Technopolis Group
10:00 – 10:10 Welcome and introduction, Marta Batalla Masana, Industrial Forum, Alliances and Clusters (DG GROW)
10:10 – 10:25 European Innovation Council Financial Instruments, Ekke Van Vliet, European Innovation Council (EISMEA)
10:25 – 10:45 ATI project and tech scaleup report, Laura Roman, Technopolis Group
10:45 – 12:15 Panel discussion
- Pekka Sivonen, Head of European Collaboration, Business Finland
- Jacek Bukowicki, Department of Startups Development, Polish Agency for Enterprise Development
- Max Brigonzi, Innovation Research Specialist, Mind the Bridge
- Mathieu Carenzo, Entrepreneurship Lecturer, IESE Business School
12:15 – 12:30 Closing and next steps